[asterisk-users] 9 becomes 99 ? And other strangeness

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Sep 14 12:02:53 MST 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 11:49:14AM -0400, Steven Totaro wrote:
> Are you dialing from a sip phone?

Nope; a POTS phone plugged into an FXS port on a TDM400P.

> How is DTMF configured in asterisk?

Whatever its default are - I've not overridden anything to do with DTMF.

More precisely: I moved all the sample configs into a 'samples' directory,
and created the minimum set I needed to in /etc/asterisk/ to make things
work. I have:

$ ls /etc/asterisk/
asterisk.conf    extensions.conf.bug  samples
extensions.conf  modules.conf         zapata.conf

(ignore extensions.conf.bug, it's an old version)

There's also /etc/zaptel.conf

> How is configured on the phone?
> What kind of phone are you using?

It's a #7.99 off-the-shelf POTS phone. It has no settings, apart from a
volume switch.

Regards,

Brian.