[asterisk-users] how to transfer a caller out of a queue ?

Stefan-Michael. Guenther (in-put GbR) asterisk at in-put.de
Thu Sep 14 10:45:46 MST 2006

Hi,

I would like to give a caller the chance to leave a queue after an agent has
already accepted the call.

The caller enters the queue by dialing 333:

[from-sip]
exten => 300,1,Answer()
exten => 300,2,Queue(q1|tT)

When the caller presses # and e.g. 1, asterisk is looking for this extension
in the context where the call came in. In my configuration this means, that
my office phone is ringing:

exten => 1,1,Answer()
exten => 1,2,DIAL(CAPI/@8304499:8304498,30,tTr)
exten => 1,3,Hangup

But in this case not the caller, but the agent has been transferred!
Isn't there a chance for the caller to stop the conversation e.g. because the
agent told him that he has called the wrong queue and that he should dial #1
to get to the right queue or directly to another person?

If the agent does this, the caller get's transfered to the office phone, as
expected.

As far as I understand the documentation, the context that is assigned to a
queue in queue.conf is only valid before an agent has accepted the call.

I'm still running Asterisk 1.0.6, which is the current version for SuSE 9.3.
Maybe Asterisk 1.2.x would help?

Thanks for help & hints,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus