[asterisk-users] Tracking the source of a disconnect?

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Thu Sep 14 10:32:17 MST 2006

Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> periodically, I've been getting reports from users of being
> disconnected in mid-conversation.  I've checked the system's logs for
> any indication of problems and they all appear clean.  Eventually, I
> enabled both PRI and SIP debugging in an effort to track down the
> location of these disconnects.  At this time it appears that the
> asterisk is initiating a disconnect of both the PRI and the SIP
> channel (see the log snippet below).  However, there doesn't appear
> to be any indication of why the asterisk is deciding to terminate the
> calls.

This problem has continued even after an upgrade to Asterisk 1.2.12,
Zaptel 1.2.9, and libpri 1.2.3.  All of the debugging so far (SIP and
intense PRI) have only confirmed that the Asterisk box is the initiator
of the disconnect request.  In all cases I've reviewed so far, the
Asterisk system initiates a disconnect on the PRI channel followed by
sending a BYE request to the SIP party.

The system has currently been taken out of service due to the frequency
of calls being randomly terminated.  Any suggestions or ideas on how to
isolate the cause/source of the disconnects would be most appreciated.

Motherboard: H8SSL-i rev: 1.02[1]
Memory: 1 Gig DDR400 (2x 512M)
T1 Card: TE110P rev: --B

[1]-http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron/HT1000/H8SSL-i.cfm