[asterisk-users] sip show peers

Eric Rousse eric.rousse at telmatik.com
Thu Sep 14 07:43:33 MST 2006

Hello guys,

Is there anyone who could explain me some stuff about sip show peers ?

108/108                    10.1.1.40                   5060     OK (1 ms)
107/107                    10.1.1.246       D          51074    OK (101 ms)

The port seems different here, and the main difference is that the
extension 108, is a server with a fixed IP
107, is a client with a softphone (X-Lite) and a dynamic IP.

Why the diffrence in the port ?
And why the difference in the reponse time ?

We are on the same physical network, a ping is giving me a response of
1ms for each.
Is it because the softphone is with a dynamic IP and Asterisk is
treating this differently ?

Thanks,