[asterisk-users] 9 becomes 99 ? And other strangeness

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Sep 14 07:00:57 MST 2006

Brian Candler wrote:
> I'm getting a strange situation with the first digit being doubled on
> outbound dialling, and other oddities. I think something strange is going on
> in my dialplan, rather than a DTMF decoding issue, but see what you think.
>
> The platform is CentOS 4.4 plus Asterisk SVN trunk as of yesterday, and a
> TDM400P with 2 x FXS and 1 x FXO.
>
> Here's my extensions.conf, based heavily on the simple examples from the
> O'Reilly Starfish book:

> [outbound]
> exten => _9.,1,Dial(Zap/4/${EXTEN:1})             <<<< NOTE HERE
> exten => _9.,2,Congestion()
> exten => _9.,102,Congestion()

Try replacing the first step above with:
  exten => _9.,1,Dial(Zap/4/w${EXTEN:1})

Note the "w" in the above means wait for about a 1/4 second before
sending the number to the central office.

Some central offices are not ready to receive digits as quickly as
asterisk sends them out. In fact, some users have to use multiple w's
(as in Zap/4/www${EXTEN:1} to wait for the equipment to settle down.

Give that a try and let us know if it corrected the problem.