[asterisk-users] chan_zap.so stopped working after upgrading CentOS

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:26:21 MST 2006

> So what should I do to build zaptel for the new kernel?

As Steve Totaro said, when running the newer kernel, go to zaptel sources and:

make clean
make && make install

I remembered that i had to "make linux26" && make install, but not
sure if this is still necessary for newer zaptel drivers.

"No such device or address" Is the error you get, so, i would bet you
dont have the file "/dev/zap/1" and "/proc/zaptel/" directory do you?
And if you dont have these, it means the zaptel drivers are not
loaded.

Try this:

modprobe zaptel
modprobe <your card driver, like wctdm>