[asterisk-users] PRI: sometimes Asterisk drop calls

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Wed Sep 13 02:37:39 MST 2006

Hi Steve,

I agree with you..telco knows better!
If telco sends a ring on channel X  and asterisk has already used it,
couldn't asterisk "shift" that call on another channel Y or it is
obliged to answer on channel X?
In other words, if asterisk get a ring on channel 3 and channel 3 is in
use, Asterisk should use channel 6 to answer the call and so connect
channel 3 to 6. Isn't it? Or I have not correctly understood how telco
and Asterisk speak between them?

My PBX configuration is (may change due to upgrades):

Debian Sarge 3.1 r0a
asterisk-install: v6
Asterisk: 1.2.9.1
Zaptel: 1.2.6