[asterisk-users] Dropped call question - "Maximum retries exceeded on transmission"

Kohler, Jeffrey J.Kohler at TechSmith.com
Tue Sep 12 08:07:37 MST 2006

I am encountering an intermittent issue where some of my calls are being
dropped.  Most of the calls that are made are successful.  However, some
calls will be dropped after having been connected for some time.

Each time a call gets dropped, I get output similar to the following in
the Asterisk console:

Sep 12 18:52:36 WARNING[4620]: chan_sip.c:1835 retrans_pkt: Maximum
retries exceeded on transmission **** for seqno 1620 (Critical Response)

Sep 12 18:52:36 WARNING[4620]: chan_sip.c:1835 retrans_pkt: Hanging up
call **** no reply to our critical packet.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I honestly don't know where to start
investigating this issue, so if anyone has any ideas they would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks