[asterisk-users] PRI: sometimes Asterisk drop calls

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Sep 12 04:32:57 MST 2006

Steve Davies wrote:
> For the curious, can anyone tell me how this flag fixes the issue? - I
> have seen the error before, but always assumed it was related to hung
> channels.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>
> On 9/12/06, Giorgio Incantalupo <gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com> wrote:
>> Problema solved!
>>
>> Just put resetinterval=never inside zapata.conf
>>

>> Giorgio Incantalupo

If memory serves correctly, I believe the parameter was added a couple
of years ago as a means / workaround for hung channels. At the time,
there was not any overwhelming evidence as why a channel would
occasionally hang. Some of the possibilities included unusual
interaction from the opposite end of the T1/E1, anomalies in the
dialplan, etc.

Now that a substantial amount of work / changes have been made relative
to PRI's and other internal asterisk code, there appears to be less of a
need to reset.

A reasonable approach might be to apply the parameter and pay close
attention to channels that might be in some strange state. If none are
observed, then leave it.