[asterisk-users] about 'zap show channels'

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Tue Sep 12 00:34:05 MST 2006

Hi all.

I've got a question regarding usages with a TDM400.

In results from the command

$ asterisk -rx 'zap show channels [n]'

I've noticed a change that may have been made somewhere between
ver 1.2.9.1 and 1.2.11.

In the older versions, the line "Real:" seemed to contain the text
'Linear' if the person on the zap channel was on hold.

This feature seems to have been eliminated in 1.2.11.
Now the results of the above command seem identicle no matter the
zap line is put on hold or not.

I used to rely on this fact when checking weather a person on the
zap channel was on hold or not with scripts and am facing some
inconveniences now.

I was hoping someone could give me some input on

1. What the text "Linear" really meant.
2. If the feature is gone, if so, for what reason.
3. Any other work arounds on checking if a zap channel is currently
   on hold from the command line.

Thank you.

--
David Shimamoto