[Asterisk-Users] The best way to design local-only off-hours ringing

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Sep 12 00:17:14 MST 2006

Hi,

During off-hours, we often set Asterisk server to ring all extensions.

Sometimes, some of these are diverted to mobile or off-site numbers.
Which is the best way to handle this ie to make sure only not diverted
extensions are ringed ?

My understanding is Asterisk cannot know in advance which extensions are
diverted (as call diversion remains inside phone memory)

I was thinking of either collecting 3xx and 180 messages or creating a
specific context forbidding outside calls but I'm still wondering of a
smarter way to do it.
What do you think ?

Cheers