[asterisk-users] Remote tone access

Tony Di Bona tony at alloyventures.com
Mon Sep 11 11:25:00 MST 2006

Hi Group:

I have 3 asterisk boxes in different countries which are interconnected using IAX2 trunks. The outbound routing makes the link to the various 4 digit extensions transparent.

Users would like to be able to dial into their local box via a PSTN connection (landline or cell) and then be able to dial the 4 digit extension they want to reach (the same as they do when they pick up the handset in the office).

I thought I wanted to use DISA but that appears to only give a PSTN dial tone from which the user can't dial an extension.  Any thoughts on the configuration needed to enable the ability to dial extensions (including extensions on remote boxes) entered by the user once asterisk answers the call?

Tony.