[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Native Sound Distortion (ulaw)

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 08:32:07 MST 2006

I have the same problem and so do many others.  I filed a bug report but it
was cancelled because the developers did not feel it was a problem with
Asterisk.  Perhaps they just don't want to support native sounds.  If they
did it would technically be considered a problem with Asterisk.  So
basically there does not appear to be any interest in fixing this.

I found that the distortion was consistent.  In other words it happened in
the same way at the same time in a particular file.  I suspect it has
something to do with how Asterisk plays it back and not any sort of
hardware/IDE/interrupt issue.  Kris, the developer of Astlinux didn't seem
to have any ideas why it would not work as well on Asterisk either.