[asterisk-users] switching from IAX to SIP

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Sep 11 06:20:52 MST 2006

I have two machines connected with IAX presently.
I attempted to switch that to SIP.
Basically CUT the entries in iax.conf that apply
and pasted into sip.conf on both machines.

stopped asterisk, edited my extensions.conf
changed any IAX2 channels to SIP channels. restarted asterisk
and when I call in the first box and it routes to the second box I
get a console message that that my passwords dont match
on the channel.

I moved the entire definition that was working under IAX2 to SIP.
Why would I be getting a password error? I verified and the passwords match.

Thanks,

Jerry