[asterisk-users] using residential voip for business?

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Sun Sep 10 18:42:34 MST 2006

I'd just use a service that's being offered to business customers...like Nuvio's nPBX. While they don't support Asterisk directly some of their resellers will support using *. I've used it for about
6 months and its been very reliable. The only annoying thing is that they only support SIP connections. The rumour is that they may eventually offer an IAX2 based account for Asterisk
users...but I've not yet heard if this is actually going to happen.

FWIW, I ported my DIDs to Nuvio so that's where my incomming calls come from. I split my outgoing calls across Nuvio, Nufone & Voxee.

Michael

--Original Message Text---
From: Christopher Corn
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:20:37 -0700 (PDT)

i see. thanks for the info.

broadbandvoice at comcast.net wrote: Its a trickish business, when they say unlimited and you make more than 2500 minutes they cut you off.

From: Christopher Corn <christopher_corn at yahoo.com>
I spoke to a voip provider today who mentioned that though they offer an unlimited plan, if we use it for a business and it is over-utilized, it will be canceled.

is this true for all residential voip plans? i have a small office of about 4 or 5 phones. i tend to chose residential plans because they have the unlimited offer for outgoing/incoming.

thx