[asterisk-users] Which phones are better for mass deployment

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sun Sep 10 09:41:58 MST 2006

At 07:07 AM 9/10/2006, you wrote:
>The web management interface on the Polycom phones in nowhere near
>as good as the one in the Aastra phones. Aastra also supports
>encrypted config files using freely downloadable software tools.

Just be careful using both the web interface and config files with
the Aastra phones. I love my 480i CT phones, but if you try and use
both you'll eventually find that things are not what you think they
should be. If you start using config files, use them and nothing else
and if you've previously used the web interface, set the phones back
to factory and start over or the precedence rules in the phone just
might drive you insane.

Ira