[asterisk-users] Streaming audio for MoH

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 22:03:21 MST 2006

I am trying some streaming radio for the frist time, but it is not working.
I have something like this in my musiconhold.conf:

stream => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/stream,
http://www.streamaudio.com/listen/default_gonew.asp?headertext=&Owner=Empire%20Broadcasting&station=BEET_IR&PortalFormat=&OptIn=&streamtype=&filename=&Owner=BEET_IR

I also tried this

stream => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/stream,
http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=3281&file=filename.pls

I can see MoH starting, and then it stops in about 15 sec, and I don't
listen anything. I dial extension 466 to activate MoH, using

exten => 466,1,Answer
exten => 466,n,SetMusicOnHold,stream
exten => 466,n,WaitMusicOnHold,300
exten => 466,n,Hangup
It works fine for class default, but the streaming link in class stream
doesn't work. Is this link not correct or I am doing something wrong. The
file stream.mp3 does exist in mohmp3/stream folder.

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria