[asterisk-users] Receive Fax with rxfax on asterisk with debian

Dominik Weber dominik at docse.de
Fri Sep 8 23:34:15 MST 2006

Hello,

my name is dominik, and i'm using asterisk with voip without isdn, only sip.
I'm using Asterisk Version 1.0.7 on Debian 3.0.
I've configured the fax receive in the /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf:
    exten => 99,1,SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
    exten => 99,2,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
    exten => 99,3,Hangup
In the Debuglevel i see, while i send a fax,that he wants to write the tif file.
But on my sending machine i got the error "3311 the number isn't a g3 fax".
On asterisk i don't find any errors.

When i call the number with a telefon i got the fax sound.

Can you help me ?

Gruß Dom