[asterisk-users] Call Forwarding in SIP.conf

broadbandvoice at comcast.net broadbandvoice at comcast.net
Thu Sep 7 22:57:56 MST 2006

I'm using it for virtual numbers. I have international virtual number from a DID provider and want to forward it to my cell phone.

In Sip.conf I have the channel

[4305]
type=friend
user=4305
secret=xxxxxxxx
;context=from-sip
callerid=
host=dynamic
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833
;incominglimit=1
;mailbox=1234 at default
;disallow=all
;allow=ulaw
;allow=alaw
;allow=g723.1                   ; Asterisk only supports g723.1 pass-thru!

and in extensions.conf I have

exten => 4305,1,Dial(SIP/4305,120,rt)      ; permit transfer

This had worked in the past when I forwarded it through the Linksys ATA but now have run out of ATA's.

From: "Tim St. Pierre" <tim at communicatefreely.net>