[asterisk-users] Softphones IAX vs. SIP, remote connectivity.

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Thu Sep 7 10:37:42 MST 2006

Bruce,

How do you go about accomplishing configuring the phone, zipping it up and sending it over to your family?

Thanks

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Bruce Reeves
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:37 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Softphones IAX vs. SIP, remote connectivity.

Nick,

I have done what you are talking about as far as being a provider for family members. I used an IAX softphone mainly to eliminate the need for so many holes in the firewall. And secondly because the idefisk IAX softphone allowed me to extract the zip version, configure the phone, and zip the folder up and email it to my family members. So for my mom it was simply unzip the folder and