[asterisk-users] using SIP to connect remote other VoIP server(Attn:Elpidio)

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 09:54:47 MST 2006

Hi Elpidio,

I am Chandra from India. I have a doubt. I am trying to solve my problem from many days. But, I couldn't able to solve this problem. I am using Asterisk with Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.2. The problem is 5060 port is blocked. After stop my firewall (service iptables stop) also, 5060 port is not opening. I checked with the below command:
# nmap -p5060 192.168.91.22--->This is my IP address
and it is showing that port 5060 is closed. How can I enable and open this 5060 port? Really, I am breaking my head with this problem. SIP is not working because of this problem. Please tell me a solution. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.

Elpidio Ramos <elpidio at ramosoft.com> wrote: Hi,

  This is a sample file I am currently using on my server.
  My server has a public IP address and an internal IP address (duan NIC).
  It runs Fedora Core 3 running iptables firewall already configured with ports
  4569, 5060, 10000-20000 open (udp and tcp)

  [general]
context=default
allowguest=no
realm=your.hostname.ext
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
bindport=5060
externip=your.server.ip.address
srvlookup=no
maxexpirey=3600
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=ilbc
allow=gsm
musicclass=default
language=es
rtptimeout=120
rtpholdtimeout=300
useragent=asterisk
localnet=10.10.10.0/255.255.255.0
rtcachefriends=no
qualify=yes

  [311]
type=friend
regexten=311
username=311
secret=311
callerid="User on extension 311" <311>
host=dynamic
nat=yes
canreinvite=no

   [312]
type=friend
regexten=312
username=312
secret=312
callerid="User on extension 312" <312>
host=dynamic
nat=yes
canreinvite=no

tengulre <tengulre at megamail.com.cn> wrote:
              How to using SIP to connect remote other VoIP server? is it only running one line voice if I registered a one SIP account?
     anybody can give me some sample configuration files? thanks a lot!

                  Elpidio Ramos
President
RM International Services SA CV
Web: http://www.ramosoft.com