[asterisk-users] Re: [asterisk-dev] UUI in calls

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Sep 6 22:41:21 MST 2006

>Hello,
>I need pass user to user information when I use originate a call
>from a sip phone to a queue. I need retrieve that uui when the calls
>rings in the sip phone logged in the queue.
>
>Any idea?
>
>Thank you

First: let's move this to asterisk-users, where it belongs.  This is
not a development question, I believe.

Second: UUI is typically associated with PRI signalling, and is not
normally a part of SIP messages, so your question is a bit confusing.
Is there a SIP header that is labelled something like "UUI"  on the
SIP device you are using?

Third: There were/are patches in Asterisk to read UUI data from Zap
PRI trunks, but I have no idea if they have been
temporarily/permanently disabled in the latest TRUNK.   Preliminary
research finds this as the last relevant entry, but I haven't dug
through the code (and I don't have the time to do a test right now...)

     http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-commits/2006-January/001366.html

JT