[asterisk-users] How to check which rtp ports my firewall let through?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Wed Sep 6 19:46:30 MST 2006

I thought with iptable -L |grep udp  I will find out which ports are
open for the rtp stream, .... but I cannot get this info from here, or
at least I cannot interpret it:

# iptables -L |grep udp
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg
3/min burst 5 LOG level warning tcp-options ip-options prefix
`SFW2-FWDdmz-DROP-DEFLT '
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg
3/min burst 5 LOG level warning tcp-options ip-options prefix
`SFW2-FWDext-DROP-DEFLT '
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg
3/min burst 5 LOG level warning tcp-options ip-options prefix
`SFW2-FWDint-DROP-DEFLT '
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg
3/min burst 5 LOG level warning tcp-options ip-options prefix
`SFW2-INdmz-DROP-DEFLT '
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
dpts:ndmp:dnp
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
dpt:mgcp-callagent
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:4569
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:5036
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:sip
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg
3/min burst 5 LOG level warning tcp-options ip-options prefix
`SFW2-INext-DROP-DEFLT '
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg
3/min burst 5 LOG level warning tcp-options ip-options prefix
`SFW2-INint-DROP-DEFLT '
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

However, /etc/rc.d/SuSEfirewall2_final status includes the line:
    0     0 ACCEPT     udp      *      *       ::/0
::/0               udp dpts:10000:20000

Why I am looking for that?
My voice connection to phones is usually working, however, we have now
also video phones and they do not receive any Video packages, ....

bye

Ronald