[asterisk-users] Polycom new firmware and bootrom

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Wed Sep 6 19:21:34 MST 2006

Well, it seems that Polycom has release new firmware 2.0.1 and bootrom 3.2.2.
I've proceded to upgrade all my ip430 phones because they were essentially
broken with the original firmware.

All the phones boot up fine now, grab their files.  They just won't talk to the
asterisk server any more.   I just figured out that I need to hard code the sip
server and tell it to talk udp only.  After this, the phones worked again.

Any idea on what I need to configure to fix the phones so they will know which
server to talk to and only talk to it via udp?

	Chris