[asterisk-users] Prompts playback changing tempo w/ SMP kernel

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 19:20:11 MST 2006

Hi Leo,

Sorry mate, I thought I had done some research but I only found one
reference to it somewhere and it stated that if you have more than one
VM running inside VMWare server v1.0, then there are timing issues
where the clock seems to vary randomly. I figured that didn't apply to
me since I had the latest version and I was only running 1 VM. I
should've used a better search criteria maybe :( The only way I
discovered it was the VM was by actually getting one of my HT machines
and installing (*) on it with SMP and it works fine natively. Just
VMWare server seems to have timing issues. Again, sorry for that.

BTW, do u happen to know if it's even worth my while to use SMP? I've
read conflicting reports. I guess it would depend on (*) being
multi-threaded or rather chan_sip being multi-threaded? is that the
case?

Thx again,
\R