[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA-942 + Asterisk 1.2.10 = Inability to transfer calls

Dan Serban dserban at lodgingcompany.com
Wed Sep 6 12:51:13 MST 2006

I have a system running Asterisk 1.2.10 (Debian packaging) and about 50
Linksys SPA-942 phones, after the initial config and mass deployment of
the phones everything looks like it's configured well.

When an incoming call is answered and then attempted to be "xfer'ed" via
the soft button on the phone itself, it seems that if you hit the button
twice in quick succession, there is no problem (effectively a blind
transfer), if then I try to tell the other extension that "Joe is
calling to sell you a fridge" and hit xfer, the calling party cannot
hear what that person at the extension is saying.  Sometimes the tables
are fully turned, the caller can hear, but the operator can't hear a thing.

One thing's for sure, if you hit the button quickly (blind transfer) it
works no problem at all.

This is what I see asterisk saying when I transfer the call unsuccessfully.

== Spawn extension (macro-stdexten, s, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/82-006d42a0<ZOMBIE>' in macro 'stdexten'
== Spawn extension (macro-stdexten, s, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/82-006d42a0<ZOMBIE>'

I've looked at the macro with a fine tooth comb, I cannot see any
problems with it whatsoever, (though that doesn't mean that my ignorance
isn't getting in the way).

I found some mention on the digium mantis bug tracker, here's the link:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7421

Before I try and patch the source (which I'm hesitant to do since I run
the debian packages), is there another solution or maybe an unidentified
issue that I haven't been able to decipher?

If there's more information that I can provide to solve this problem,
I'd be happy to do so.

Thank you.