[asterisk-users] Answer Machine detection

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 04:27:08 MST 2006

We use app_amd in the VICIDIAL project and it works fairly well(better
than 60% if you tune it right), although I still don't recommend that
anyone use Answering Machine detection.
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5959

When we usually do automated notification campaigns we will most often
wait 2 seconds from Answer and then play the message twice(depending
on it's length). This gets the message on close to 100% of the
answering machine/voicemail even if it starts in the middle of the
first play it is played again and we have had rather good response
from this.

MATT---