[asterisk-users] Budgetones - multiple phones losing IP address during day

Garth van Sittert garth at bitco.co.za
Wed Sep 6 01:21:02 MST 2006

Hi All

I have a site with 50 Budgetone 102's and about 5 snom phones.

At random intervals during the day about 20 or 30 of the Budgetones lose
their connection to the network all at the same time.  It happens about
once a day.  The Snom phones are fine and never get disconnected.  I
can't ping the Budgetones IP's and the way to fix them is to simply
unplug and reconnect.  Nothing interesting shows up in the logs even in
debug mode except for the 'Peer XXX is now unreachable' repeated for
each extension.

I haven't had much experience with the Budgetones.  Does anyone have any
idea what could be causing this?

Thanks
Garth