[asterisk-users] Asterisk AGI and Firebird

Steve Rawlings steve at rawlings.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 00:30:01 MST 2006

Hi all, I'm attempting to use an AGI script to connect to a database to do a
simple lookup based on caller entered digits.  I've got it working ok with
mysql, I've got it to work fine with the database either on the Asterisk
server or on another server on the local LAN, no problem.

What I'm trying to do now is connect to a local server running a Firebird
1.5.2 database.  I'm running Asterisk 1.2.11 on CentOS 4.2, I've installed
unixODBC, DBI 1.52 and DBD-InterBase-0.44 but no joy.  I've installed
Firebird on the Asterisk server to test and I can connect and query using
isql but no luck when using an AGI script within Asterisk.  I've read
various regarding using InterBase as the driver within AGI and have amended
the script accordingly but I must be missing something.

Anyone had any luck with Firebird who can give me any ideas? I'm no db
expert.

Thanks

Steve