[asterisk-users] Can not hear the telco System Announcement

stoffell stoffell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 02:39:38 MST 2006

On 9/1/06, Xue Liangliang <xueliangliang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all. I am from Singapore, we deployed a few PABX based on Asterisk.
> Here in Singapore there are two Teleco providing E1 pri service, we
> encountered a strange problem : when calling a number that is
> unavailible or line suspended,  one of the E1 provider keep the call
> ongoing, because there are system announcement like "The line currently

I have something similar on a european E1. I do think this has
something to do with the PBX.. (asterisk in this case)

I have the same 'issue' on a BRI (ISDN) interface. The 'old' PBX (a
classic PBX) did sent out the telco announcement.

I have tried changing priindication, but this didn't help. I can see
the hangup_cause and can play prompts according to the hangup_cause,
but I would prefer using the telco announcement.

cheers..