[asterisk-users] Re: [asterisk-biz] Re: G729 Replacement Codec - FREE or may ne cheaper than existing one.

Kannaiyan Natesan gbpnkans at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 23:25:34 MST 2006

> Digium really did make an effort in this case and it's not worth
                I appreciate Digium and Mark. They have released the
G729 and G731 source code and you need to pay the license directly to
voiceage, not directly to digium. Also with the code of asterisk,
there are lot of authors put in their code into asterisk and endedup
in nothing. (See Asterisk Disclaimer Policy)

> in another area instead. History suggests this will come back to you in some
                 History suggests, the authors of the source need to
be given with proper rights but not renamed with Mark Spencer.

G729 is developed by Voiceage or related group. The fees can directly
go to them not swallowed by middle commission agents. There is no harm
in paying to voiceage and everyone must do the same in protecting
their intelligence in that.

The step which Digum recently took is really admiring in releasing the
source code of G729 and pay the royalty fees to voiceage.

Don't waste anyone's time in discussing further on this issue, since
Digum is moving to a different strategy with regards to the G729
licenses.

Regards,
Kannaiyan