[asterisk-users] Prompts playback changing tempo w/ SMP kernel

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 19:20:50 MST 2006

Hi there,

sorry I wasn't sure exactly where to start so didn't know what info to
provide. Now that I know, here's the info

1) using a P4 w/HT
2) Using CentOS 4.3 with the 2.6.9-34.0.1-smp (Note, this was
installed through an rpm, but the (*) and zaptel code is being
compiled against the source of this)
3) I have tried it with and without ztdummy, and nothing changes.
Although voicemail should have nothing to do with ztdummy, am I
correct?
4) I have also tried with and without uncommenting the line for GSM
optimisation for MMX processors line in the Makefile
5) I've also tried rebooting the machine with the line "acpi=ht" at
the Kernel command line
6) Also tried strictly using one codec so as to avoid transcoding to
see if that was it
7) I've tried booting into an SMP kernel without building (*) and
zaptel for an smp kernel

None of the above has helped. If I don't boot into an SMP kernel at
all, it works fine.

Also, at every start of (*), the "show translation" command shows
different transcoding times without changing a single thing in the
system in the way of config etc. Why is that?

Oh also, note that this system is running inside of a Virtual Machine
with 768 RAM and a 3.4GHz CPU although NO other VM is active on this
VM server.

Any ideas?

Thx
\R