[asterisk-users] playback some digits to the caller from the callee (involves DTMF) prob

umar tarar umar.tarar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 12:19:26 MST 2006

how come can i get or read DTMF digits from a callee(agent) & then playback
them on the caller's channel
i am aware of the read() application, but the problem is that where shud i
place it or how shuld i use it, because if i place it below the
Dial()application then the moment
Dial app terminates, it detroys the channels(i.e the call gets hungup) &
leaving no callee channel for read() to read DTMF

then i tried another way using features.conf i.e. defining a feature to read
DTMF into a variable & then playing it back on either both of the channels
or anyone of them, herez my features.conf portion + dialplan

-----features.conf------
readFeature => #6,peer/callee,Read,var1
playbackFeature => #9,peer/callee,SayDigits,var1
---------------------------

----extensions.conf----
exten => 500 , 1 , Answer()
exten => 500, 2 , SetVar(DYNAMIC_FEATURES=readFeature#playbackFeature)
exten => 500 , 3 , Playback(connecting)
exten => 500 , 4 , Dial(SIP/100)
---------------------------

but whenever someone dials 500 & gets connected with the agent(100) & the
agent(callee) presses #6 or #9, simply nothing happens.
and on CLI the command show features results this:

Builtin Feature......Default Current
===========.......=====...=====
Pickup.......................*8.........*8
Blind Transfer............#..........#1
Attended Transfer.................*2
One Touch Monitor
Disconnect Call..........*..........*0

Dynamic Feature...Default Current
==============....=====...=====
(none)

Call parking
Parking extension : 700
Parking context : parkedcalls
Parked call extensions: 701-750

it seems that the features that i defined are not even getting registered

somebody plz suggest me if i am wrong somewhere doing that, or plz try
giving me any newer solution to get DTMF digits durring a call or a way to
acheive the overall objective i.e. playback some digits to the caller from
the callee