[asterisk-users] FAX handling

phil.dawson at marnock.com phil.dawson at marnock.com
Mon Sep 4 09:06:34 MST 2006

I read on this list not so long ago that you should only enable alaw.  I've
never tested this.

Phil.

             "Jose Limeres"
             <jlimeres at gmail.c
             Sent by:                  "Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion"
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/09/2006 15:35          [asterisk-users] FAX handling

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

Hi all,

I am using asterisk 1.2.10 BRI stuffed 0.3.0-PRE-1s with zaptel 1.2.8 and
we are trying to have FAX receiving working in
one of the BRI lines.

No problem with FAX transmissions but we can not receive. I have configured
in zapata.conf faxdetect=both (tx and rx).
FAX machine is connected to one FXS port on a PAP2 with G711a and no echo
cancelation configured. When the FAX arrives at the
FAX machine, they start negotiating but then it stops as if the format is
not recognized by the Fax machine as a valid fax.

Does anyone have a similar configuration working?

Bests,

asterisk-users mailing list
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: