[asterisk-users] UK (BT) Problem with TDM 400P

Mark Muffett mark.muffett at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 04:52:22 MST 2006

It's an FXO module (I've got two FXS modules on the same card and they
work - I get a dialing tone from them), and the phone line works with
an ordinary phone.

dmesg gives:

Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (UK mode)
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (3 modules)
Registered tone zone 4 (United Kingdom)

asterisk -c -vvv starts up with no errors or warnings and zap show
channels gives:

*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            from-pstn
      1            from-internal
      2            from-internal
      3            from-pstn

cat /proc/zaptel/* gives:

asterisk1:/home/mark # cat /proc/zaptel/*
Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1"

           1 WCTDM/0/0 FXOKS
           2 WCTDM/0/1 FXOKS
           3 WCTDM/0/2 FXSKS
           4 WCTDM/0/3

My /etc/zaptel is:

asterisk1:/home/mark # cat /etc/zaptel.conf
# Autogenerated by ./genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
#

# It must be in the module loading order

# Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1"
fxoks=1
fxoks=2
fxsks=3
# channel 4, WCTDM, no module.

# Global data

loadzone        = uk
defaultzone     = uk

My zapata.conf is:

asterisk1:/home/mark # cat /etc/zaptel.conf
# Autogenerated by ./genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
#

# It must be in the module loading order

# Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1"
fxoks=1
fxoks=2
fxsks=3
# channel 4, WCTDM, no module.

# Global data

loadzone        = uk
defaultzone     = uk
asterisk1:/home/mark # more /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
;
; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file
;
; You need to restart Asterisk to re-configure the Zap channel
; CLI> reload chan_zap.so
;               will reload the configuration file,
;               but not all configuration options are
;               re-configured during a reload.

[trunkgroups]
;
; Trunk groups are used for NFAS or GR-303 connections.
;
;
[channels]
;
context=test
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
immediate=no

#include zapata-channels.conf

asterisk1:/home/mark #

and my zaptel-channels.conf is:

asterisk1:/home/mark # more /etc/asterisk/zapata-channels.conf
; Autogenerated by ./genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
; Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
;
; This is not intended to be a complete zapata.conf. Rather, it is intended
; to be #include-d by /etc/zapata.conf that will include the global settings
;
;

; Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 1"
signalling=fxo_ks
callerid="Channel 1" <6001>
mailbox=6001
group=5
context=from-internal
channel => 1

signalling=fxo_ks
callerid="Channel 2" <6002>
mailbox=6002
group=5
context=from-internal
channel => 2

signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asrecieved
mailbox=
group=0
context=from-pstn
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity
;;; line="3 WCTDM/0/2 FXSKS"
busydetect=no
channel => 3

; channel 4, WCTDM, no module.
asterisk1:/home/mark #

Any idea what more I can do before it drives me mad?

Thanks for any help

Mark