[asterisk-users] Caller ID has extra digits to strip

Bart Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Sat Sep 2 15:37:52 MST 2006

About 70% of the time, my Local DID provider sends me ANI II digits
(see http://www.nanpa.com/number_resource_info/ani_ii_assignments.html)
where there will be an extra 2 digits
added to the Caller ID - For example 627142225555 where '62' = Cell
Phone for example..

The problem is, I have not found a way to remove these digits before
it's used by Asterisk in CDR and Voice Mail with any
Asterisk script or command.

What can I do to strip these digits from Caller ID before answering the
call so CDR and Voice Mail Caller ID announcement show correct number?

TIA

Bart