[asterisk-users] G729 Replacement Codec - FREE or may ne cheaper than existing one.

Kannaiyan Natesan gbpnkans at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 01:21:40 MST 2006

Hi,

    I heard of a news, that there is a replacement codec available for
g729 and accept the g729 codec data for decoding. Anyone familier with
this? Also the good news is that it is noted that it works fine with
asterisk and the g729 encoded data.

    Anyone has the link for the free asterisk distribution which can
take unilimited channels of g729 codec, data. If there is any royalty
need to pay, is that cheaper than the existing g729 cost?.

    I read somewhere in the net and forgot to save the url and google
did not brought me that again.

Thanks.

Regards,
Kannaiyan