[asterisk-users] Asterisk speaks Italian!

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Sep 1 20:46:53 MST 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 03:59:09PM -0400, Dean Collins wrote:
> This may not be the biz list but I think Westany is pretty good
> about only sending an email out once for each new voice as they
> are launched.

They don't appear to learn. No need to spam twice. It as backfired.

> And to be honest the biz list has so little traffic I wonder who
> is actually subscribed.
>
> Personally I think Westany is providing a very valuable service to
> the asterisk community and at a fairly reasonable price, so sorry
> Michael - just my personal opinion but. Keep up the good work Westany.

So why do they resort to those shoddy methods to promote it?

I have just looked at
http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files+international .
Indeed so one else is listed there for Russian prompts. Strnagely
enough, that company was listed as providing prompts for various
languages that are not mentioned on its web site: German, Greek, Arabic,
Hebrew, and maybe I missed one or two.

They have even created a separate section "American English" and they
claimed to be the only one providing it.
See http://voip-info.org/wiki/page_history.php?page_id=835&preview=115

That's spamming and resource abuse in my book.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com