[asterisk-users] ASTERISK NOT LISTENING IN PORT 5060

Crazy Boy crazymoonboy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 11:48:53 MST 2006

Hi,

I am Chandra. I have a doubt related to ports. I have seen my port 5060 status with nmap command and it is showing that 5060 blocked. Afterthat, I stopped firewall also. After stopping the firewall also, it is showing the 5060 port is blocked. Can I need to restart the linux system from boot to take the effect? Please tell me how to open 5060 port? Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Regards,
Chandra.

Steven Ringwald <asric at asric.com> wrote: Elpidio Ramos wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I get the same answer you get when using netstat -an
>
> When I query the firewall rules I get this:
> Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
> ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
> ACCEPT     ipv6-crypt--  anywhere             anywhere
> ACCEPT     ipv6-auth--  anywhere             anywhere
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp dpt:5353
> ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
> RELATED,ESTABLISHED
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> tcp dpt:ssh
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
> tcp dpt:http
> REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
> reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
>
> I assume this indicates port 5060 is restricted?

Yep.