[asterisk-users] Re: Re: 911 versus 9.911

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Fri Sep 1 08:40:35 MST 2006

I suppose I could use TrySystem() http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+TrySystem with a command that spawns its own shell
to send the email.
Therefore it would always return "0" and be as fast as possible in the dialplan.

My concern is that any priority jumping, out timeouts will adversely affect the 911 call.

It would be great to see a cmd SystemSpawn() or an option to System(), that would NOT wait for it to finish the System call, but to
just fire it off and continue in the dialplan.
More like a NoOp() as far as the dialplan is concerned, but run a script in a new shell.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org