[asterisk-users] [Slightly OT] Grandstream configurator tool

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Fri Sep 1 06:56:57 MST 2006

Andrea Spadaccini wrote:
> Ciao Dave,
>
>> I have used the config tool with a BT-102 that I have. I am using
>> HTTP provisioning. My procedure was as follows:
>
> [cut]
>
>> It might be possible to make this work more streamlined by using
>> tftp, but grandstream uses some extensions to the basic tftp server
>> included with the linux distro I use and I wasn't interested in
>> trying to figure out how to make it work for only one phone.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>
> I thought that the configurator tool might help me in automatizing the
> configuration process for lots of phones, but if I have to manually
> configure DHCP, access the interface, etc.. maybe it'll be faster to
> configure them in the traditional way.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help,

I think the phones come set with DHCP enabled, the only configuring you
would have to do is setting up DHCP on your server, and that only
happens once at the beginning. The way I am doing the provisioning
probably isn't any quicker than sitting with the phone and setting it up
manually. The difference comes in when you need to make changes to a
number of phones, in which case the config files would be much faster.
All depends on how many phones you're going to be setting up.

-Dave