[asterisk-users] Any way to go from factory reset 7970 to SIP without Call Manager?

Jason Lixfeld jason+lists.asterisk at lixfeld.ca
Fri Sep 1 00:36:00 MST 2006

I've been having some problems with a couple of 7970G so I decided to
factory them.  In doing so, it seems to have rendered the phones
unbootable as they (as I understand it) are factory'd with some
version of SCCP code, which makes it constantly looking for
term70.default.loads file which it never seems to be able to pick up
from the tftp server.  It just seems to keep rebooting itself with a
blank, dark screen.  I spoke to Cisco who said it's not possible to
load a SIP version of software without Call Manager.  Is this true?