No subject

Tue Sep 5 14:32:44 MST 2006

* LICENSING
  Asterisk is distributed under GNU General Public License.  The GPL also
must apply to all loadable modules as well, except as defined below.

  Digium, Inc. (formerly Linux Support Services) retains copyright to all
of the core Asterisk system, and therefore can grant, at its sole discretion,
the ability for companies, individuals, or organizations to create proprietary
or Open Source (but non-GPL'd) modules which may be dynamically linked at
runtime with the portions of Asterisk which fall under our copyright
umbrella, or are distributed under more flexible licenses than GPL.

  If you wish to use our code in other GPL programs, don't worry -- there
is no requirement that you provide the same exemption in your GPL'd
products (although if you've written a module for Asterisk we would
strongly encourage you to make the same exemption that we do).