No subject

Tue Sep 5 14:32:44 MST 2006

physical interface level but appropriate drivers have not yet been coded.
Mark Spencer is very aware of the community's demand for international CLI;
I suspect that it's a case of ever growing demand for new functionality
verses finite implementation/support resources (both financial and human).
If we can obtain the ProSlic technical interface details does someone fancy
a spot of coding in return for a bounty...?

On the subject of line reversal detection I know of a major manufacturer
whose LLU products were recently rejected by a UK Telco for failure to
support this feature on V5 Access Network muxes. There were a number of
problems with automatic telephony equipment (E.g.. subscriber's own (CPE)
telephone answering machines) that could not detect the end of the call. One
of the strengths of the PSTN is the backward compatibility that has been
maintained (including physical standards like voltages as well as higher
protocols) for more than 100 years. I would like to echo an earlier poster's
comments about the necessity to maintain compatibility with the earlier
electro-mechanical standards for as long as we can.

Just my 2ds...

Darren
--
Comgate