No subject

Tue Sep 5 14:32:44 MST 2006

cd /usr/src
export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs at cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot

cvs login
(the password is anoncvs)

cvs checkout zaptel Zapata libpri asterisk

this will create four directories, zaptel, zapata, libpri and asterisk.  Now
compile them: -

cd zaptel
make clean
make install
cd ../zapata
make clean
make install
cd../libpri
make clean
make install
cd ../asterisk
make clean
make install

to install sample Asterisk configuration files type: -

make samples

To install the AVM C2 Active ISDN Card

Remove kudzu from the start procedure - type the command

/sbin/chkconfig --del kudzu

The command

/etc/rc.d/init.d/isdn stop

will deactivate your ISDN HiSAX software and unload the drivers. Upon that
the command

rpm -e isdn4k-utils

will remove the old IDSN software from your computer.

Should you now get a list of failed dependencies you need to delete some
installed programs first. Try this command

rpm -e isdn4k-utils-vboxgetty isdn4k-utils-devel redhat-config-network
isdn4k-utils xisdnload_1.38-62

it should work and remove all the programs that work with the isdn4k-utils.

Next you change to the directory were you store the downloaded files. For
thi you use the command cd with the proper directory name typed behind it.
If you are there the command

rpm -ivh capi4k-utils-2*

will install the new base package of the capi4k-utils on your computer.

In case your ISDN adapter or device requires a special firmware package you
install it by typing

rpm -ivh (name of the firmware archive)

(for example capi4k-utils-avmb1-* for an AVM B1 PCI).

At this time you need to install the CAPI 2.0 driver - if it is not part of
the kernel -

rpm -ivh (name of the driver package)

(for example kernel-2.4.18-14-avmfcpci-* for the AVM Fritz!Card PCI) will do
this.

Now it should be all in place and we do some tests. The command

rc.capi stop

will unload the CAPI 2.0 control software that was automagically activated
as you installed the capi4k-utils. We need to do this anyhow becaus now we
have a new driver in place. The command

rc.capi start

will start the control software that loads the appropriate firmware and
driver. If you don't get an error message at this stage your work was good.

NOW POWERDOWN AND FIT AVM C2 ISDN CARD AND RE-BOOT

Now, it is time to check if the CAPI 2.0 driver works. The command

cat /proc/capi/controllers/1

should show you some information about your ISDN adapter or device.

The command

capiinfo

does show you a lot of information about the technical capabilities of your
adapter or device

*** ENDS ***

But now what do I do?

Once I have worked this out (with your help) I intend to make available my
steps for other newbie * users who have the same config as me.

Your help is very much appreciated

Nick