No subject

Tue Sep 5 14:32:44 MST 2006

them a box with RAID and redundant power supplies, if they can afford it.
But if I were to have a big customer with deep pockets, I'd really like *
on a big Sun beast with redundant-everything (i.e. you can hot swap any
component and there's usually n+1 of everything).  The problem is that I
don't think there's any Solaris support for Digium cards, since it's kind
of  a chicken-and-egg problem.
One of these days, I may convince myself to buy a modern Sun box (maybe
the ~$1000 Blade 100s) and see what can be done.  The only problem I could
conceive would be endian-ness, but I read about Digium cards in a PowerPC
box, so that won't be a problem, right?
Nick