No subject

Tue Sep 5 14:32:44 MST 2006

*CLI> show applications             -- lists all applications
*CLI> show applications <app name>  -- help on a specific app
*CLI> show dialplan                 -- dumps the current mappings

The help for each app is a little spotty but generally shows the
calling params and provides some hint about the app.

The default config files (/etc/asterisk/*.conf) have a fare amount
of useful comments in them.

The single biggest problem I have right now is that I'm new to PBX
/IVR/Telephony and don't know a lot of the TLA's or the typical
codes for using a feature. It took way to long to find out how to
"park" a call ( *700 )

To the list in general: is there a document anywhere that describes
all of the default configuration functions and how to use them? or
am I looking for how to find out specifics about a given application?

Despite the documentation problems, Asterisk is a great project/server.
Hats off to the developers.

My goal for today is to figure out AGI - I've found the samples in
/usr/src/asterisk/agi/ - but would like to see all of the commands
that the AGI script can write back to * on STDOUT.

        Dave