[asterisk-users] S(x) - Hang up the call after 'x' seconds - Not working from queue

Rajkumar S rajkumars+asterisk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 23:56:30 MST 2006

On 11/1/06, Leo Ann Boon <leo at datvoiz.com> wrote:
> Rajkumar S wrote:
> > On 10/31/06, Leo Ann Boon <leo at datvoiz.com> wrote:
> >> Someone correct me if I'm wrong: The Dial string is missing a '/n'
> >> parameter for the Local channel. Without /n, Asterisk will do a native
> >> transfer to SIP/1001 and lose the timeout value defined earlier.
> >
> > What does '/n' refer here? There is no mention about this in the wiki.
> >
> It's in the wiki, see this:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+local+channels

Thanks Leo.

I went though the code of the app_queue to find out if the cutoff
value I gave in the dialplan is indeed being passed though when
bridging is happening and it's not. The actual line where bridging is
happening is

 bridge = ast_bridge_call(qe->chan,peer, &bridge_config);

The bridge_config is of type ast_bridge_config and holds the options
to use for this bridging and it has a field called timelimit, which
holds the timelimit of the call. This variable is not set in
app_queue. This is the reason why the timelimit was not working when
called from queue.

I edited  the code and put a sample value (in milliseconds) and the
call cutoff is working fine. I am not sure if this introduces any side
effects, but it's so far so good.

Another advantage of this method is that the call cutoff will work
only when the call is bridged from queue and not from directly called
calls.

Thanks for your help, Leo and Lenz.

raj