[asterisk-users] Compatability

Tom Vile tvile at baldwintechsolutions.com
Tue Oct 31 19:22:39 MST 2006

http://www.digium.com/en/docs/misc/compatibility_notes.php

Server Compatibility The following list of servers are known to be partially
incompatible with Digium(r) hardware. We do not recommend using the following
computers to set up an Asterisk(r) server:

   - Dell PowerEdge 1600
   - Dell PowerEdge SC 420
   - Dell PowerEdge SC 1420
   - Dell PowerEdge 650
   - Dell PowerEdge 700
   - Dell PowerEdge 750
   - Dell PowerEdge 2650
   - IBM eSeries 336
   - IBM xSeries 345
   - IBM xSeries 360/365

Motherboard Chipset Compatibility The following list of motherboard chipsets
are known to be partially incompatible with Digium hardware:

   - Intel 915 (all variations)
   - Intel E7221
   - Intel E7525

Digium Hardware Motherboard Compatibility Some server motherboards utilize
an onboard Intel e1000 Ethernet controller that can interfere with the
operation of Digium's cards. The recommended action for this server is to
disable the onboard Ethernet controller and use a PCI-based solution. Also,
the MS-7032 (K8T Neo-V/K8M Neo-V) motherboard is incompatible with the
TE4XXP using the firmware ending in 164. The problem is that the card will
randomly receive interrupts.

On 10/31/06, Joel Hill <jhill at asteriskit.com.au> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a new client who has an existing  Asterisk  PABX and is looking
> for us to install a TE110P for him, However he has a Dell SC420 and I
> have never used one before.
> I have had no problems with any other Dell servers which we use almost
> exclusively.
>
> Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with the SC420 in relation with
> Digium cards?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Joel
> Asterisk IT
> www.asteriskit.com.au

Tom Vile
Baldwin Technology Solutions, Inc
Consulting - Web Design - VoIP Telephony
www.baldwintechsolutions.com
Phone: 518-631-2855 x205
Fax:     518-631-2856