[asterisk-users] Asterisk architecure

G(P)L lehmann18 at wanadoo.fr
Tue Oct 31 14:03:32 MST 2006

jez . a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I've recently installed Asterisk and am trying to understand where
> exactly Asterisk 'fits' in my VOIP architecture. Can/does Asterisk work
> as a proxy. I am specifically interested in SIP. Could anyone perhaps
> point me out to a diagram with SIP users and Asterisk to better
> understand how I should set up my network?
>
> Thank you

Hi,

     You can find some interesting diagram here :
http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-dialog.html

Other diagrams more "architecture ortiented" :
http://lehmann.free.fr/divers/SIP%20tutorial.pdf
slides 32 and after.
The document is not mine :)

If you want something more specific to Asterisk's architecture, I
recommand you this book :
http://www.eyrolles.com/Informatique/Livre/9780596009625/livre-asterisk.php

Bye
Guillaume Lehmann